About the role
You will be a key member of the CRM Marketing Team and responsible for leading the development and delivery of data driven marketing initiatives through technologies that meet business goals and support the customer experience.
Through ownership of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) system and development, the role will lead and manage projects and BAU activities to deliver on the technical and business challenges related to our email, push notifications and customer journey initiatives. The role will assist the team in supporting our internal stakeholders such as News and Current Affairs, Sport, On Demand and Food and requires hands on development execution as well as the production of BRD/FSD that can be communicated effectively to Marketers.
Some of the responsibilities will include
- Providing the technical direction, development and implementation of the SFMC product and future associated Salesforce products
- Being the primary point of contact for technical issues and act as the Salesforce Administrator
- Ensuring the successful import of our data from related technologies in order to build audience segments.
You will have a software background, work independently, thrive in a fast paced environment, communicate openly and be able to effectively design, test, and deploy software solutions. You should have
What sets you apart from the rest
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Salesforce Certification
- Understanding of CRM Marketing processes and methodologies with at least 3 years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or a similar platform
- Experience with the retrieval and uploading of data files to/from multiple systems and environments
- Understanding of Network Protocols and Services (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Familiarity with multi-tier, high availability application server environments
- An understanding of Server Side Scripting techniques and applications
- An understanding leveraging WebServices – RESTful API’s and SOAP
- An understanding of object oriented programming and design with PHP, .NET and/or Java is preferred
- Ability to create Business Requirement and Functional Specification documents
- Experience in stakeholder management in a complex organisation
- Experience leading and implementing end to end SFMC development projects
- Excellent strategic & technical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Knowledge of Agile development processes
- Experience in eMail Marketing and Customer Journeys required.
- Push Notification experience preferred
- Marketing experience highly desirable
- Broader knowledge of digital media would be beneficial
- Experience in Media and Entertainment industry would be beneficial
In return you can expect a supportive environment within a dynamic media organisation and benefits such as free onsite parking (subject to availability), free gym access, retail discounts at select stores and many other perks.
If you are a team player who always sees the bigger picture and is looking to take the next step in your media career we’d love to hear from you.